Thursday, July 23, 2009

Why so many trial's? I don't want them.

These past few months I have struggled with many things. Life has not been easy for me. As many of you know I have suffered with daily often debilitating headaches and migrains. I have seen all the doctors under the moon. I was refered to the UW Headache clinic about 6 months ago. I've been on so many meds I can not keep track or count on my finger's how many I've been on. So far nothing that they've prescribed me have worked. I was so hopeful and so excited that the clinic would find something for me. I wasn't expecting for them to get rid of them, just to ease the pain. The dr. told me that it was her goal to get rid of it completely. I was so emotional, cause I can honestly say I don't remember the last time that I did not have a headache. It would be a miracle, the greatest thing in this world. Months go by and I'm frustrated and my Dr. is frustrated. So this past appointment she told me that she is going to send me to the Pain Clinic at the UW. I started to cry with defeat. I was so hopeful that this would be it no more testing with drugs no more dr's. This is my last option, if this doesn't work it's hopeless. I will have to live with pain for the rest of my life. My quality of life isn't great. I have major depression because of my headaches.

I have strayed from Christ. I feel like no one listen's to me or helps me in my time of need. I have sufered for soooo long and have begged for help for some kind of relief. My faith has faultered and I have fallen. Things are really bad. I need help. When I'm feeling bad about myself and down in the dumps about my health. I try to lift my spirits up by listening to uplifting music. I started it today, and it just brings tears to my eyes. It's made me realize how much I need my Heavenly Father. I just can't live another day like this. My kids need a mother who's happy and who is emotionaly for them and pain free. And my husband too. So please I would appreciate all of your prayer's that there is something out there that can help me. I need it more than you know it.

I know I've been absent on my blog, I just don't have much to say. Life is tough, and especially with Bryan not being able to find a job. It's more stress in my life. I try to stay active on my facebook, so people know I'm here. I try to put on a happy face. But that can only go so far.

I have some great friends and I thank you for all of those who have supported me and have lifted me up with their words. And for letting me cry on your shoulder's. I appreciate it and I love you all so much.

6 comments:

Jakenaddie said...

Sorry to hear the latest with the headaches. Like I have always told you if you learn to lean on Christ and do the things he asks.....he can help make your burdens light. He can't do it if you don't come to him and do the simple things first. Pray daily, read your scriptures daily, go to the temple when you are able, have family home evening, tithing, etc. Doing these things because you want to, and not because you have to. It will change your attitude!

Jakenaddie said...

here is a couple of verses that I think you should read: Mosiah 21:13-16. Maybe say a prayer before you read it, and just listen.

Unknown said...

We have been paying fast offering and it helped a lot financially.When you don't make any money to pay tithing. Fast offering will get you what you need.
I have been feeling the same for the past year and all i can do is wait. Ask Brian to help you get to church, pray and family home evening with kids. Ask him for blessings. You need a lot of support and love.
Love you and will pray for you.

emily :) said...

Interesting that in Gospel Doctrine today we talked about trials and how to have the right frame of mind when we are in the midst of adversity. It is hard to understand why we are hit with so many challenges, but I can only offer my friendship to you and keep you in my prayers :) BTW, the scripture references that we talked about today in Sunday School are D&C 121 & 122...some good stuff! :)
PS~ I don't think I have your current contact information...call me and we can get our girls together when you get here!

Tracie said...

Kirsten I am so sorry to hear all you are going through, it must be very hard for all of you. You may not feel this right now, but you are a VERY strong person, you CAN get through this. You guys have been through so much these last few years, it would take its toll on ANYONE, not just you. You might not feel happy all the time, but your children need THEIR mother, who loves them very much. You've handled your headaches better than most of us would have. I get grumpy after 2 days of a headache, I can't imagine what you're going through. I will pray a lot that a treatment is found to get rid of them. In the meantime, if it's to hard to take day by day, try hour by hour. It will be okay, just hang in there. You're loved very much, remember that. I love you very much-----Tracie

Tiffanie and Jeff Bodine said...

Kristen, I'm so sorry and wish there was something we could do to ease your suffering. Each person has their individual set of challenges designed to teach them what they know in this life, and give them the spiritual strength they need. I guess our job is to view our challenges from an eternal perspective right? And the scriptures say you wouldn't be given anything you couldn't handle. I sincerely hope that with enough prayer and fasting, a miracle will be wrought in your life, the Lord will lift your burden as he did the people of Ammon. I hope that someday you can look back on this and realize how much these challenges worked for your benefit. Our prayers & thoughts are with you!

Favorite websites

  • http://www.newmoonmovie.org/release-date/
  • http://www.amberalertgps.com/
  • http://hurfamily.org/
  • http://www.sindea.org/
  • http://leeloublogs.blogspot.com/2007/10/free-blog-layouts.html
  • http://sassychicbackgrounds.blogspot.com/
  • http://www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/
  • http://www.tickerfactory.com
  • http://onecuteblog.blogspot.com/
  • http://matiekay.blogspot.com/2008/05/new-templates.html
  • http://www.simplychicblogs.blogspot.com/
  • www.frank.trents.us
  • www.trents.us

Blog Archive